Friday, March 6, 2009

Let me do a double take

It's shocking how sometimes I can read a chapter from the bible over and over and think that I know it by heart. Then again, I can read the same chapter and stumble on a particular verse that pierced my heart like a two edged sword. Funny, that's how the Scriptures describes the Word of God: (Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword.

As I was reading a devotional verse this morning from this website, I grabbed my bible to search the Scriptures to see if what I was reading was right. To my surprise the verse matched the verse on my bible. After all the years reading I Corinthians chapter 15; (because chapter 15 is where I found the gospel that saved me; How that Christ died for my sins and that He was buried and that He rose again on the third day according to the scriptures ~ I Corinthians 15:3 & 4), I was amazed to catch the phrase "By the grace of God I am what I am" ~ (I Cor 15:10).

Thank you Jesus for your amazing Grace!



No comments: