Monday, January 12, 2009

A day closer

Each morning as I lay in bed I remain myself that everyday that passes brings me a day closer to Glory and my Madelyn.

Here is what my pastor posted today on his daily devotional website The Renewed Mind.



We Will Meet Again
By Pastor Glen Caneel

(1 Thessalonians 4:18) “Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”

You are gone. I am still here. We will meet again.

You are free from pain. I bear the pain of your loss. We will meet again.

Your memory surrounds me. I cannot forget. We will meet again.

Your body is a shell. I am very present in this moment. We will meet again.

You are standing before the throne of God. I am walking through the rain. We will meet again.

You are singing with a thousand thousand in a great Alleluia. I hear my own voice next to an absent seat. We will meet again.

You are seated at a great table hosted by the Lord of Lords. I see an empty chair with no plate to set. We will meet again.

You are living in the presence of the Final Reality. I am indwelt by the presence of the Final Reality. It is certain we will meet again.

You are learning at the feet of the Living Word. I am learning from the Written Word. It is certain we will meet again.

You are running through fields proclaiming His glory. I am speeding through time declaring His gospel. It is certain we will meet again.

You will hear the trumpet call. I will hear the trumpet call.

Your old body will change. I will see my body changed in the twinkling of an eye.

You will kneel at the feet of the Lord Jesus. I will kneel at the feet of the Lord Jesus. Great is our God, Worthy is His Name.

We will fall into each other’s arms. “And so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Renewed Thought - (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”



No comments: