Saturday, December 6, 2008

From my kitchen with love

Today, the children had soccer games at different times and fields. Jared played first at Central park and his team tied the game. William played next at Pine Island and his team won. Jacquelyn played last at Pine Island and her team lost the game. ~ always fun to drive around with a car full of sweaty kids.




Last night, after the bike ride we had our very own pizza party. We made a peperoni pizza, a ham & onion calzone and a tomato and basil pie (not a pizza). My friend Rebeca gave me the recipe for the tomato pie and I just didn't believe her when she told me how good this recipe was. Thanks Rebeca, it was delicioso.



We are going to our church tonight for a nice Christmas dinner. I'm bringing a fresh spinach salad with cranberries. My friend Michelle gave me this recipe 5 years ago and I totally forgot about it. On Monday during our PTO meeting for the middle school Michelle made the salad for us and I remember that I had the recipe somewhere in my kitchen. William found the recipe inside one of my cook books, (he was in 1st grade when Michelle gave me the recipe and now he's in 6th grade). I'm also making a croissant bread pudding to bring with us, I got the recipe many years ago from the food network channel; it's one of Jack's favorite. His grandmother Alice used to make bread pudding for him when he was a kid.

No comments: