Friday, December 26, 2008

Hope ~ Peace ~ Joy

We had a joyful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I rejoiced in the Lord greatly. I will praise the name of God always, and will magnify him with thanksgiving (Psalm 69:30), for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

On Christmas Eve, we went to visit my parents in Homestead, here are some of the pictures:




My nephew Mandito


Jacquelyn

Jared


William



Jack, my brother Mandy, Richard and my Dad


Jack and the boys

Jack, Jared and me

Me, Jacquelyn and my mother



Christmas Day was at our Home Sweet Home. My parents and my brother came over. Jack's mom and his sister Peggy and her kids also came for dinner. We had a wonderful time and I enjoyed all the cooking and gathering. The kids helped me prepare our Christmas feast in the kitchen. Jacquelyn made a sweet potatoes souffle that was delicious. We got the recipe from the Tolley's from our church. William made his famous Berry pie, with fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. And Jared, well, he just helped.

Grandma Lois (Jack's mom) and Buffalo with the kids



William playing the bells on Christmas morning



Grandma, Jacquelyn and her friend Lauren peeling sweet potatoes

My nephew John Henry opening his presents

My niece Alice



My Mom & Dad


William with his famous home made berry pie




Today, we went to the cemetery and brought flowers and balloons to Madelyn's resting place. I couldn't ever imagine that I would experience peace and joy inside a cemetery. My Lord is awesome, for He is my peace, my joy, He is my hope of Glory. I know my daughter is in heaven at this very moment and I will see her again someday. I think about her everyday of my life, I miss her smile, her cry, her hugs and kisses, her sweet voice. I can't believe that two years ago during this time of the year, she was in the hospital fighting for her life.

Here are some of the pictures from the cemetery.


My four precious children

Our Family

Rejoicing in the Lord, always.



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost ~ Romans 15:13

No comments: